2009년 12월 13일 일요일

Happy Christmas in Hull…

Hi! I am ISEUL, currently living in Hull, a city located in North Eastern UK. I am studying in Hull University as an exchange student. I bought a new camera when I came here and it’s Samsung ST500(TL220). The last camera I had for 2 years was also by Samsung and I was satisfied with it so I went with Samsung again this time. I like taking self portraits and the dual LDC function in ST500(TL220) was the crucial factor in making my decision to buy this camera.


CAM_1198


I took this first picture with my old camera. I always carry camera in my bag. Not only ST500(TL220) is small and lightweight, but the design is so pretty that I can’t wait to take it out to take pictures whenever, wherever. And to the young generations these days, digital camera is a must-have.


SAM_3378Samsung ST500(TL220) 1/60s l 3.5f l ISO80 l 4.9mm  Program AE


I went to the Hull city centre today. The building with the emerald-colored-roof in the picture is the Hull city centre. It is located in the heart of the city so if you ever visit Hull, you should visit the information center (for guides and tips) and start your travel.


SAM_3355Samsung ST500(TL220)  1/45s l 3.5f l ISO80 l 4.9mm Program AE


These are the buildings found in the city. One of the things that impressed me the most living here was the architecture. Each individual building has its unique charm and style that you never get bored looking at it. You can see the lighting decorations on the building for the upcoming Christmas. And there are Christmas markets opening in the front one by one.


SAM_3357Samsung ST500(TL220)  1/90s l 3.5f l ISO80 l 4.9mm Program AE


One of the most popular sports in UK must be rugby. There is large screen installed in the middle of the city square and they play live sports games. It’s fun to look at people stopping on their way to watch the screen.


SAM_3359Samsung ST500(TL220)  1/30s l 3.5f l ISO200 l 4.9mm Program AE


The center of the city was lined with Christmas markets. They were selling all sorts of chocolates, candies and hamburgers. But perhaps due to the cold weather, people were just passing by and I felt a bit sorry for the merchants.  SAM_3369


Samsung ST500(TL220)  1/30s l 3.5f l ISO200 l 4.9mm Program AE


One side of the street was rides for the children. The parents looking at their children enjoying the rides seemed a lot more excited than the children actually riding themselves.


SAM_3371Samsung ST500(TL220)  1/30s l 3.5f l ISO200 l 4.9mm Program AE


This is a picture of a Santa in a shoe repair shop. The children passing by were excited to see the cute Santa. Thus, Christmas has something special that makes people happy with the smallest things.


SAM_3384Samsung ST500(TL220)  1/30s l 3.5f l ISO200 l 4.9mm Program AE


The picture of the building floating on the river on the right is a shopping center. It was interesting for me to see the harmony between the new and old architecture in one space. I think this is one of the charms of UK.


SAM_3403Samsung ST500(TL220)  1/30s l 3.5f l ISO200 l 4.9mm Program AE


This is inside the shopping center. The lightings decorated for Christmas were absolutely amazing. It was the weekend and also was the start of the winter sale season so it was really crowded.


SAM_3407Samsung ST500(TL220)  1/8s l 3.5f l ISO480 l 4.9mm Program AESAM_3408


Samsung ST500(TL220)  1/8s l 3.5f l ISO200 l 4.9mm Program AE


The sun had set already when I came out of the building after shopping. It was only around 5 o’clock when I took this picture but it was no different than in the middle of the dark night! The lights started to light up after the sunset, and it made me feel like Christmas even more.


SAM_3410Samsung ST500(TL220)  1/8s l 3.5f l ISO480 l 4.9mm Program AE


It’s time to head back home. The colors of double-decker bus differ in each city, and the color of double-decker bus in Hull is brown. It’ll be quite interesting to look at the different colors of bus from different cities. With that thought, it’s a wrap for today.


Since this is the first post, I probably wasn’t perfect. I’ll try to be back with better pictures in the next post. I’m planning on going to York next week. I’ll introduce York to you, a city that has very different atmosphere from Hull. Stay tuned! Till then, bye-bye :)




All photos, above, may not otherwise be reproduced, distributed, cropped, re sized, or otherwise altered without the written permission of the contributor. All photos represent the sole opinion of their individual authors and contributors and don’t express the opinion of Samsung Digital Imaging Co., Ltd., Samsungimaging.net or the opinion of any affiliates unless specifically marked as such.


All photos, above, have been shot with the Samsung ST500(TL220), which has been provided by Samsung Digital Imaging Co., Ltd.


댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기