2009년 5월 7일 목요일

[ST50] Introducing ultra-slim digital camera Samsung ST50




In my high school days, I started to take pictures with my auto film camera. So it has been a while since I’ve had photographing as a hobby. Since then, I’ve moved to a digital camera and then to a DSLR camera four years ago. For 15 years, I’ve taken pictures, but when I’m asked what my hobby is, I usually say, “Cleaning cameras?” probably because I still cannot take the satisfying picture.
Still, the desire toward good cameras gets bigger and bigger. There are some scenes that I’d like to take with my camera during commuting time. But since DSLR is too heavy to carry, I’ve been longing for a small and light digital camera. Since last winter, I have compared many products, but it wasn’t easy to spot the just right one. Along the way, I’ve got selected as a VLUUGrapher who gets to use ST50 before its release and to be involved in its promotion.


I’ve compared its size with Samsung Anycall’s SCH-W270 cell phone. At first I’ve thought about comparing to a cigarette case, but smoking is bad for you.



This is ST50 that I will live with for six weeks. There are four colors; Black, Navy, Red, and Silver. I got Black. Personally, I thought Red looked the best, but Black is for men, right?? (ha ha ;D) It is a 16.6mm ultra-slim camera but has 2.7 inch LCD, 1,220 pixels, intelligent SMART auito function, and protruding type lens.


There is a SMART auto function button next to the power button. It detects every scene and sets the optimal shooting mode like landscape, portrait, night scene, close-up, backlight, and sports mode without requiring a user’s operation. It could be said the core function of ST50. ST50 has total 11 scene modes that could be automatically set.
On weekends, I went out to photography with this fella. I was impressed that it accurately detected each shooting circumstance. Before, I had concerned about the picture quality not as good as DSLR. But the portable size and pretty pictures satisfied me completely!
From now on, I’ll show the pictures that I took with this one, starting from the last week’s photos. I’ll do my best! So please keep interested!

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기